[geeks] TNT HD

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed May 13 11:11:57 CDT 2009

" From: Jeff Cole <jeff at flambe.org>
"
" On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 02:33:28AM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
" > I hate TNT HD.  It's the only channel I get audio sync problems with on
" > my new TV.
"
" I've noticed that too. It's usually a 1/2 second off or so. Annoying.

a friend of mine says there's a major bug in the dtv spec - no way to
auto sync audio and video in the decoder.  you can't do it at the head
end; different receivers have different delays in the various d/a
chains.