[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 11:10:00 CDT 2009

On May 13, 2009, at 8:49 AM, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 08:40:30AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
>> I actually rented a ... Chrysler or Plymouth (I don't remember which)
>> that was actually pretty civilized, a lot better than the Intrepid,
>> aside from its ocean-liner turning circle.  I was amused to
>> discover on
>> the sill plate that it was built by Mitsubishi.
>
> It would have to be a Chrysler. I don't know how connected they are
> now,
> but at one time Chrysler owned them. That was why the Mitsubishi
> plants were never bombed during WWII.

Holy History Channel, Geoff!

Mitsubishi built Japanese fighter planes, like the Mitsubishi Zero.

Chrysler never "owned" them, it was a way for Mitsubishi to gain
market acceptance to another Japanese Brand, smoothing the way for
Mitsubishi to build their own sales network (and giving Chrysler a
half-decent compact car or two to sell)...

The US wouldn't keep a Japanese fighter factory unharmed because it
was owned by an American company, that's just preposterous. Besides, I
don't think Mitsubishi had any relationsip with any American
industries during or just before WWII.

Wikipedia says Chrysler bought a 15% share in Mitsubishi in 1971, and
fell apart with the Daimler-Benz takeover.

Lionel