[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue May 12 09:29:12 CDT 2009

" From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
"
" []
"
" At this point I've essentially given up on US-built
" cars altogether.  There is not a single US-built car on the market that
" meets my functional needs and my standards for drivability, build
" quality and - for lack of a better term - rationality of cabin fitting
" and controls, at a price I'm willing to pay, and most vehicles coming
" out of Detroit, Dearborn and Flint are ugly anyway.
"
" []
"
" I expect the Volvo to still be working fine when it hits 200,000 miles;
" the Intrepid was a worn-out lemon at 98,000.  My wife is driving a
" Mercedes C230 that I bought used in California for $11,000; it's about
" to pass 200,000 miles and is still perfectly sound.

my gf's '01 cherokee has just passed 150k and is still snug and
purring.  the only problem it's had - it has power everything, and the
wires in the driver's door are starting to flex-fracture.  based on
what i've heard about cherokees, i wouldn't be surprised at another
100k before it needs any serious attention.

why'd she get it?  3 years ago she was looking fwd to moving and
downsizing [just accomplished] and she was considering radically
downsizing to a travel trailer; with the cooling pkg it will tow 5000
lbs.  oh, and she wanted yellow.  turns out '01 was the only year for
yellow cherokees.  took me about 30m to nickname it the short bus, but
i rather like the color.  i dislike red and black.  she likes being
able to find her bus instantly in parking lots - in 3 years we've seen
-3- other yellow cherokees.

her previous wheels, a '95 buick, had over 200k on it when she sold
it, and everything but the power antenna [which didn't like cold
weather] still worked.  it was starting to use a little oil though.

as for ugly, i find it harder to see any car as either ugly or
beautiful as time goes on, only more or less useful/practical.  in
that respect, i find the proliferation of electronic features to be
neither practical or useful.  i don't even like power steering.