[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat May 9 01:55:12 CDT 2009

On May 8, 2009, at 10:50 , Dan Sikorski wrote:

> Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>> you buy used goods to stretch your income (as a lot of low-income
>>> folks
>>> have to), you may even end up with more money in your pocket than
>>> you
>>
>> My income is above that of many two-income families, and I *still*
>> buy a lot of used goods to stretch my dollar.
>
> Same here.  I buy a lot of secondhand items that I could not afford
> to buy new.  I've never bought a new car because for the same money
> I can buy something a couple years old that I like MUCH more.  Plus,
> I like the occasional challenge of fixing something that someone
> else has written off because it is broken.  I just did that with a
> Bang & Olufsen stereo, and am considering taking on a coworker's DLP
> next.

I bought a new car recently because the cars that I liked used that
didn't suck were not much different once you calculated costs over the
next 5-10 years.

I really don't have time or skills for repair work, and since I got a
little Japanese car, I don't expect to pay much in repair bills anyway.

The high resale value means changing my mind is less painful than some
other choices.

The cars I would have liked, really liked, even used, were well above
what I could afford anyway.

The fact that my then-current car was rapidly dying also put a bit of
a time limit on making the purchase.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com