[geeks] Virtual Machine Hosting

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:57:10 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I've been using the v-colo service from Panix after finding out about them
> on this list.  (Thanks, Sridhar!)  I've been very happy with the service,
> and their pricing is right for my needs.  They don't say anything about
> using client provided VM's, but based on some of the info on their website,
> it sounds like they're willing to work with people that have specific
needs.
>  I'd suggest contacting them.  Although, you didn't say what type of VM's
> you're looking to run (Xen? VMWare? Hyper-V?) so that might not work for
> you.'

The technology isn't important, it's just I want real control over the
machine, and this seems like an interesting way to do it.

It's not that I have a Hyper-V host or a VM host I want to migrate, it
is that I want total control over a virtual machine, they can pick the
underlying technology - I just want to be able to throw up different
OS and configure them as I like, when I like.

Thanks Dan (and Sridhar!), I'll check it out later today...

Lionel