[geeks] Virtual Machine Hosting

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:44:47 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows about what I'll call VM Hosting, where a
CoLo facility runs a client-provided VM, I know they exist
(lunahost.com is but one example) - anyone have any insight into this
from a customers perspective?

My concerns would be:

 - Speed of VM, since you are sharing the host
 - Network load handling (heaven forbid something I'm involved in gets popular!)
 - Cost compared with other, more conventional shared hosting solution
 - Any gotchas or suprises to be aware of

I doubt I'll pull the trigger on my idea, but it has me thinking
aboout this topic, and I want to follow this thread a bit further...

Thanks,

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson