[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed May 6 07:42:08 CDT 2009

" From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
"
" On Tue, 5 May 2009, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
"
"
" > I live in a safe neighborhood.  I don't trust my neighbors to keep my
" > house safe.  They have their own asses to worry about.  If my neighbors
" > (and I) were to get organized into a group to provide for mutual
" > defense, then you're already starting to talk about a government.
"
" Not necessarily.  "We're going to look out for each other" is a worlds
" apart from what we have now.

but this doesn't scale well; it doesn't fundamentally work beyond the
range where you know everyone.  how can you tell if someone you don't
know is a good guy you should look out for or a bad guy trying to
infiltrate and pass?  it could easily devolve into 'me and my brother
against my cousin; me and my cousin against the world'.