[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue May 5 15:08:12 CDT 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> yeah, government sucks - but anarchy is worse;

Example, please?

> 'no government' [not to mention honest, efficient government] is not in
> the human psyche.  power corrupts; someone will always step in to abuse
> the power.

Government is merely a term that we use to legitimize a monopoly on
aggression.  Government does not create.  Government does not prevent.

Government merely presents a socially-acceptable excuse to enact harm on
those who do things those in government say is forbidden or who do not do
things those in government say is required.

When Congress passes a new bill that will "prevent" some sort of horrific
(or not, in the case of many recent bill) behavior, we all know that it
doesn't actually do that; it merely grants permission to other government
people to imprison and steal from those who engage in the targeted
behavior.  When Congress passes a new bill that "ensures" some new sort of
social benefit, we know that it doesn't do that ether; it merely makes it
socially acceptable to steal from others to in order to force others to
provide that benefit.

> churchill [?] was right when he said democracy is the worst form of
> government except for all the others,

Possibly.  While I'd rather have slow-growing colon cancer than a cancer
that rapidly eats my brain or liver, I'd rather have no cancer at all.

--
Jonathan Patschke ( "They don't have the right to read a book out loud."
Elgin, TX         (                  --Paul Aiken