[geeks] KVM for Sun Sparc Servers with USB keyboards

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon May 4 19:40:04 CDT 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, hike wrote:

> if anyone has further recommendations, comments, antecdotes about usb
> kvms for sparc servers using usb keyboards and mice, we welcome your
> comments.  we will greatly appreciate any comments in this area.  it
> will help us greatly.

If you only care about the USB systems, nearly any USB KVM will do the
right thing.  The meta key on Sun keyboards maps to the "Vendor" keysym
(Command, Windows-logo, etc.), and there's really no additional magic
unless you really need the left-side OpenWindows keys.

We use generic bargain-basement KVMs here at $ork for SPARC systems with
USB console ports.

--
Jonathan Patschke ( "They don't have the right to read a book out loud."
Elgin, TX         (                  --Paul Aiken