[geeks] Running OS X on "normal" PCs

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Tue Mar 31 16:41:46 CDT 2009

> Here in France, clever practical jokes are a great April 1 tradition.  The
> boys down at the local cybercafe absolutely detest Macs.  I'd love to boot
> one of their machines up to look like a Mac....

Years ago I bought a CD (Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time IIRC) which had a similar joke.  While you played one of the sections a window pops up and tells you not to press F5.  Of course, you do.  The window closes and another window pops up and repeats the message.  Hit it again, the window goes away and another pops up warning you that you repeatedly did not follow instructions so your computer will be reconfigured.  The screen goes blank, the keyboard and mouse goes dead and the hard drive goes nuts.  After about half a minute (enough time to feed your paranoia), the screen comes up like the original Mac with a "bong".  I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Bob

Have fun with the fish!