[geeks] VOIP phone with inside/outside network

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 23 23:08:46 CDT 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 23:15 , der Mouse wrote:

> config from us.)  But that makes it sound as though the phone _does_
> NAT

No, I don't believe so.  The options don't seem to make sense for that.

They are:

IP Address
Signalling Port
Media Port Start

> I think I'd start out checking whether the phone is registering
> successfully at all.  (I don't recall the 330 all that well, but on
> most Polycoms the phone icon next to a line key is hollow if it's not
> registered and solid if it's registered successfully.  Or you can just
> snoop traffic on port 5060.)

I have two lines, and both are registered on the company PBX (which is
in another city).

> If it's registering but incoming calls still don't work, I can't say
> anything useful without seeing the logs of, or talking with the admins
> of, the proxy you're registering with (and, presumably, through which
> incoming calls should be coming).

One thing that might help is if I could get to the logs on the phone.

It has configuration for logs and configuration, but I cannot see
anyway to access or download logs and configuration.

The WWW configuration for it is relatively clean, but too simple and
there must be more features than what it shows.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com