[geeks] latest system monitoring for Solaris 10 x86

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Fri Mar 20 15:03:05 CDT 2009

>>> I made two CDs with this and also the related UBCDWINDOWS, neither of
>>> which would boot on the T105.  I suspect the issue is the all-SATA
>>> motherboard, or some other support issue.
>>
>> Could you be more vague than to say, "the all-SATA motherboard"?
>
> Well, I've read a lot of forums, and it seems pretty widely understood
> that this means a board with all SATA and no ATA ports, or some
> circumstance that is effectively the same.
>
> Besides, I'm not your consultant... I was just reporting some things I
> tried and the results I saw.
>
> I didn't intend to start providing technical support, just sharing
> experience.

Not sure if I offended you or something, wasn't my intent.  Anyway I don't
need you to be my consultant, I was just trying to make sure that other
people who might read your post to this list now or in the future since it
is being archived would have all the information they'd need to make a
judgement about the utility of things like UBCD, BartPE, etc.  A shared
experience is only as good as the quality of the information you share and
all that, knowledge is power blah blah blah.

- Nate