[geeks] Dell T105 Server, CPU and RAM upgrade

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:39:10 CDT 2009

Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> No, I'm not.
>
> It's provided as a Windows executable and I've not yet figured out how
> to run it and install it.

there is a linux version aswell.

> That's one thing nice about Asus: a lot of their boards will install
> firmware updates from floppy or USB drives from the BIOS itself, no OS
> required.

tell me about it, the other thing that really really annoys me is
releasing updates which require floppies, really??, in this day & age?
what's even more stupid is the server doesn't come with a floppy drive
period, so.........
go figure, dell, pushing the demand for floppy drives since apple
demonstrated that you can have a system without a floppy disk!! :D