[geeks] ADMIN NOTE: Server upgrade soon

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Mar 18 19:02:55 CDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 15:42 , Joshua Boyd wrote:

>> Do you know of some that are small like the SATA enclosures we've
>> talked about here?
>
> An older used one, like the one sitting in my basement?

Can you show me what you are talking about?  Might help me understand
your definition of small.

> Look for CD-ROM towers, either SCSI or empty meant for duplicator
> systems.

Your definition of small might be different from mine.

I call those large.

Those are nearly all 5.25 inch units with a lot of depth (empty space)
and wide as a PC.

I just got rid of some of those so that's not what I'm after.

> I think that a little 4 bay case would be under $100 sans PSU, a
> little more with a PSU.

If by little you mean sized for 3.5" drives, that is the ticket.

I'll look again this weekend when I have more time.

What some of us have been saying is that we can find small ones, but
they all use wall-warts, or they are quite expensive.