[geeks] One, two, three, panic!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Mar 16 22:33:49 CDT 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>> ZFS root is very nice.  If you have the time to try it, you should take
>> it.  It is extremely simple to setup.  Just select the ZFS root option
>> during the install, then after the install attach the second disk to
>> the first one as a mirror.  One extra step instead of many extra steps
>> to set up.
>
> According to Francois, it'll auto mirror by just selecting two disks to
> setup on.  This really sounds like a win to me.

I can vouch for what Francois said.  I was delighted that Solaris (for
once) DTRTed without any additional prodding.  Select ZFS for your root
FS, and point it at two identical drives, and it'll assume you want a
mirror.

--
Jonathan Patschke ( "They don't have the right to read a book out loud."
Elgin, TX         (                  --Paul Aiken