[geeks] One, two, three, panic!

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Mar 16 18:20:02 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 02:11:59PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Planning to, but I wasn't planning on ZFS root anyway -- I intentionally
>  installed mirrored boot disks completely separate from the main storage
> array.

ZFS root is very nice.  If you have the time to try it, you should take
it.  It is extremely simple to setup.  Just select the ZFS root option
during the install, then after the install attach the second disk to the
first one as a mirror.  One extra step instead of many extra steps to
set up.  And there is a lot more flexibility.  Plus upgrades are
supposed to be easier (although I haven't gotten around to trying
that).