[geeks] Impressive...

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Mon Mar 9 05:48:18 CDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 09:13:55PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> However, these are, as I understand it, just crap drives, not "the
> firmware issue" (which as it was described to me causes the drive to go
> completely catatonic, whereas these drives just show hard errors).

Ouch. Yes, from my understanding "the firmware issue" causes one of two
things:
- With 1.5TB drives, periodic "freezes" of the disk
- With other models, on boot the drives are no longer visible to the
  controller even though they're physically OK

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj at mjturner.net      <>  http://mjturner.net/