[geeks] Impressive...

Nate nate at portents.com
Thu Mar 5 17:47:09 CST 2009

On Mar 4, 2009, at 8:32 PM, Nadine Miller wrote:

> A buddy at work pointed out to me that SuperMicro makes both a 4-
> in-3 and a 5-in-3 bay adaptor with fan for pretty much the best
> price I could find anywhere--~$100.  The 4-in-3 is $78 @ Amazon,
> iirc. (part # CSE-M35T-I for the 5, CSE-M14T for the 4).

Keep in mind that a lot of the SuperMicro hot swap bays are designed
for SuperMicro cases - that is, they have smooth sides, and can't cope
with cases that have the small metal tabs between 5.25" bays.

So if you don't have a SuperMicro case, I recommend looking at the
SATA hot swap products from companies like Icy Dock (or just examine
the SuperMicro hot-swap device you're considering very carefully).

- Nate