[geeks] in which Windows shoots itself in the foot (again)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Mar 5 13:42:51 CST 2009

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
"
" On Mar 5, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
" wrote:
"
" > OK ...  we were recently given a Dell Inspiron 4100 laptop.  It has a
" > built-in wired Ethernet interface (a 3C920) and an 11b PCMCIA wireless
" > interface (an Orinoco WaveLAN Silver).  I had hell's own game getting
" > networking to work correctly on it ... until I thought to look at the
" > routing tables.
" >
" > []
" >
" > Does anyone know a Secret Win2K Admin Trick to either automatically
" > delete those two routes as soon as they're created, or better yet,
" > stop
" > Windows from ever creating them in the first place?
"
" Upgrade to XP Pro?

i believe one can find winflp on bittorrent...