[geeks] OpenSolaris ready for Production?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:38:53 CST 2009

I just wondered if anyone here had any passing opinions as to wether
OpenSolaris was mature enough or ready in any way for a use on a
Production server? I'd say no, I mean it's barely a year old in it's
official form, and it's not intended for production, but on the
flipside it's Solaris, can it really be that bad?

I was just musing as it's a bit less scary to work with than Solaris
10 and has slightly better and broader hardware support.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>