[geeks] Apple desktop refresh

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 12:55:32 CST 2009

On Mar 3, 2009, at 9:34 AM, Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:

> I'm sure i'm not the only one looking at the refreshed mini, imac,
> and mac pro...
>
> I think it's finally time for me to buy a mini.  It looks like i can
> run dual-head on it, which was always the biggest reason i had for
> not liking the mini and wanting a mac pro instead.

I'm looking to getting a Mini as well, the faster CPU, up to 4 Gigs of
RAM, and Firewire 800, along with GigE and discrete graphics, it looks
to be a very capable desktop, and $599 is a petty good price, all
things considered.

I wonder how hard a 3rd-party RAM upgrade would entail... A couple
putty knives and what, a couple 2 Gig DDR3 SoDIMMs?

A 120 Gig SATA HD is fine, an external FireWire drive will augment
that nicely.

I have a couple BestBuy Gift Cards to use, so it should be pretty
affordable, once BB gets the new systems in stock.

Lionel