[geeks] Apple desktop refresh

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue Mar 3 11:05:59 CST 2009

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:01:57 +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
> kaboom at scud.ca wrote:
> > Prices in the UK store went from 399 yesterday to 499 today.
>
> Yeh, but that's not exactly Apple's fault is it, just because the
> pound has shed a third of it's value against the US dollar in the
> last 6 months...

Well yes, but as others have pointed out the prices didn't come down
when the dollar lost value against the pound.

> Be realistic please, Apple are an American company and have to charge

It's not quite that simple is it ? Apples are not necessarily assembled
in the US ... the keyboard certainly isn't ("Assembled in China") (I'm
too lazy to look at the back of this iMac). Whilst some of the cost of
an Apple is non-manufacturing costs, manufacturing costs do represent a
significant amount.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Man is born free, and he is everywhere in chains