[geeks] Apple desktop refresh

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:53:39 CST 2009

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> I'm sure i'm not the only one looking at the refreshed mini, imac, and
> mac pro...
>
> I think it's finally time for me to buy a mini.  It looks like i can run
> dual-head on it, which was always the biggest reason i had for not
> liking the mini and wanting a mac pro instead.

Looks okay, nothing earth shattering though. Bid out of the loop with
Graphics cards... is the NVIDIA GT120 and GT130 any good? IT seems to be
  a bit low-end.

I'm not (hopefully) gonna be replacing my Mac Pro any time soon but I
have got to build another games rig because the Mac Pro can't cut it at
the top with a single GeForce 8800GT any more.

I still stand by the fact that Apple woulkd eat 20-30% of Dell and HPs
market share if they released a semi-competitively priced, games
oriented system below the Mac Pro. A rig with SLI or CrossFire and twin
PCIe x16 2.0 slots and 2 hard drive bays and a single optical drive in a
nice aluminium case.

--

Mark Benson
http://markbenson.org/blog