[geeks] to click on "unsubscribe" or not...?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Jun 26 10:56:43 CDT 2009

" From: SPC <spedraja at gmail.com>
"
" Don't do it... or change of e-mail account address, leaving the actual with
" one hook to return them constantly e-mails until they cut the bridge.
"
" Sergio
"
" 2009/6/26 Jonathan J. M. Katz <jon at jonworld.com>
"
" > Geeks,
" >
" > I have some "professional-looking" spam about business phone systems that
" > seems to be managed through "whatcounts.com" ... After some RTFM I found
" > this, from 2002, which says they're fairly evil..
" >
" >
" > http://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=19776
" >
" > I'm debating clicking "unsubscribe" but the concepts of "double opt-in" are
" > saying "don't do it." What say ye?

you might have success with a procmail recipe that bounces it with a
forged smtp 'address invalid' code.

implementation details i leave as an exercise for the reader.