[geeks] Photo Geotagging

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:11:53 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 8:43 AM, William
Enestvedt<William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:
> I agree: maybe pretty tricky -- but awfully neat.
>
>   A good idea, and, really, can you believe the kind of stuff that a
> hobbyist can mail-order these days and put together? Man, science really
> is cool. :7)

I wonder if that is lost on the kids today (meaning, are we so old
that these things still amaze us, but for kids it is no big deal). I'm
old enough to know what it was like to go through school (K-6+8 , in
7th grade I had dial-up access to a timeshare system, KSR-33, etc.)
without access to a computer, music was available on cassettes and 8
tracks (Ka-Chunk!), and cell phones were something rich folks had
built into thei cars at great expense...

When I think about it, I am blown away by things like the iPhone/iPod
Touch...\

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com