[geeks] Apache

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Jun 17 10:43:23 CDT 2009

William Enestvedt wrote:
> Phil;
>
>    If this is hosted and you only have one IP address, then you're
> cooked.

The server's on my internal network.  It has two physical NICs, and I
can add as many virtual IPs as I want.  The bottleneck is that I have
only one IP allocated from my only-marginally-competent ISP, I can't
justify the cost of upgrading the service to a level that would give me
more (the next service level up would cost me another $100/month), and
there is no other viable broadband ISP available here.  It's Metrocast
cable, satellite, or dial-up.  Fairpoint has promised NH customers
broadband throughout the state, but the way things look at the moment
there's some doubt whether they're even going to survive their
acquisition of Verizon's New England landline business at all.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.