[geeks] Speaker Stands and Keyboards

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Jun 14 21:04:20 CDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 09:41 , Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> I have no idea if any of this is useful, but here are some links:
>> http://www.amazon.com/Vantage-Point-Universal-Satellite-Speaker/dp/B0000634T6
>
> This, unfortunately, isn't a speaker stand.  It's a wall mount.  It
> also doesn't have nearly the capacity I need.

Probably not helpful, but on that page were links to stands.

> You see my problem.  8-)

Yep.  I'm always running into problems like that.  Most people just
compromise, but I can't stand not getting exactly what  want.

>> Most of the stands I saw on a quick search--and about a year ago
>> when I was looking myself--use keyhole adapters, most of which
>> require drilling.
>
> If it uses a keyhole adapter, wouldn't it just mate with the keyhole
> fittings on the back of my speaker?

Yes.

What I mean to say is that online stores and even some local shops
I've been in list "keyhole speaker stands", but when you go look at
them, that isn't really what they are.  They have a fairly liberal
definition of what "keyhole" means it seems.

I did find some stands a year ago by going to a local guitar center.
Unfortunately they were out of my budget, but the guys in that place
knew what I was looking for so I just put my project on the back burner.

Maybe you should try some local pro music shops.