[geeks] AFP tips requested

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jun 9 21:13:51 CDT 2009

On Jun 9, 2009, at 15:49 , Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I have, as previously discussed, a Solaris 10 box which is our primary
> NAS box.  My wife just got given a "windtunnel" dual-G4 Power Mac, now
> running leopard (10.5.7 specifically).  Obviously, she'd like to be
> able
> to access the server.
>
> I seem to recall from prior discussions that getting nfs to work on an
> OSX client is ... challenging.  So, I've installed netatalk on the
> server.

There is a commercial program I've tested which handles all kinds of
connections, NFS included, and was good at making the connection and
keeping it open.

This information would of course be more useful to you if I could
remember the name, but seems like it might have been a recent Mac
Update promo or in any case released in the last 2-3 months.

If I remember, I'll post.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com