[geeks] While I'm at it, another Ubunut grouse

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:52:36 CDT 2009

On Jun 9, 2009, at 8:02 AM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:

> To me, Ubuntu is Debian Linux dumbed-down and crippled to look and act
> as much like Windows as possible.  Yeah, sure, it's accessible to the
> masses ... but it seems like its lesson to the masses is that Linux
> really has nothing to offer over Windows except for being free.

Price is not a winning argument in Linux vs Windows (or Mac OSX) IMHO.
Many people get the IS bundled for free[0] with every computer they
buy, and telling them Linix is free means nothing to them, because
they never went out and 'paid' retail for the OS.

Lionel

[0] free meaning it wasn't a line item on their system purchase, and
they couldn't buy the system cheaper without the OS.