[geeks] Refurbished PC Components

Jon Gilbert jjj at io.com
Thu Jun 4 12:40:27 CDT 2009

My boss is having me put together some mobo/CPU combos for upgrading
some photo kiosks. He wants me to use refurbished components from
Evertek.com. Given that these machines see extremely heavy usage and
the reliability of them is fairly critical, is it really a good idea
to go with 90-day-warranty refurbs? I don't even understand how a CPU
can be refurbed. This just seems like a good way to make crash-prone,
unreliable computers. Am I just being paranoid?

-
Jon Gilbert
PGP fingerprint: 7FA9 B168 73CA A698 DD9E  2DF2 EE1A 3E73 3119 741F