[geeks] q: good source for leather book bag?

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jun 3 10:08:27 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 05:54:15PM +0300, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> If you are looking for the "I'm the geek that you all will hate, but will
> save your ass" look, try something more like a backpack.

In my case:

http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=10393&storeId=207&catalogId=10201&langId=-1&from=subCat&parent_category_rn=11748&variationId=7P3

Big enough to hold my MSI Wind netbook in it's soft case, and has enough
pockets to hold all sorts of things, e.g. pens, wallet, a small
notebook, a modified p-38 can opener (larger with a bottle opener), a
yalmuke (sp?), band aids, a foil strip of the local equivalent of
tylenol, a pair of eyeglasses (one of reading or distance, whatever I'm
not wearing) and and a whole bunch of other things. In the smaller
pocket, I keep some change and a bus ticket.

I have an LED flashlight in one side pocket, and often have a 1/2 liter water
bottle in the other "desert fashion". :-)

I have a very dumb small cell phone, and keep that in a pants pocket so I
can use the vibrate function (no off color comments, please).

In case anyone cares, the MSI has a large keyboard for a Netbook, built in
WiFi and bluetooth and nicely runs that version of BSD that many people run on
netbooks.

Geoff.