[geeks] Level monitoring

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Jan 22 12:43:26 CST 2009

james wrote:
> If this is for propane for heating then the propane dealer
> should monitor your usage and calculate consumption based on
> real-time weather data for you with software designed for
> automatic delivery. They all have this software, oil dealers
> use it too. In 45 years of heating with oil I've never had
> an empty tank.

Oh, they do.  That's not the issue.

Frankly, my main goals here are to get a better idea of how weather and
changes we make to thermostat settings affect our propane usage and,
more importantly, to make sure we're not being charged for more propane
than we're actually using.  I'm informed that at least one propane
delivery driver in this area was caught in the past billing customers
for more propane than he actually delivered, then putting the excess
propane into his own tank.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.