[geeks] *SPAM* Re: Level monitoring

james james at jdfogg.com
Thu Jan 22 10:05:52 CST 2009

> > You only have two good ways -
> >
> > Weight.
> >
> > Float level (you'll need temperature compensation for
> > volume).
>
> Yeah, I think what I'm going to have to go with is a piezo
> cell under the center of the tank, assuming that's
> feasible once the snow's off the ground and I can get a
> look at the mounting.

If this is for propane for heating then the propane dealer
should monitor your usage and calculate consumption based on
real-time weather data for you with software designed for
automatic delivery. They all have this software, oil dealers
use it too. In 45 years of heating with oil I've never had
an empty tank.

<ObGeekContent> I am, of course, assuming that in the early
years that the calculations were done on paper. I don't
think my home-town oil dealer could afford a computer in the
1960's and 1970's.