[geeks] Colocation

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Wed Jan 21 10:46:37 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 09:15:37PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> How long have you been using their virtual colocation?  Any complaints or
> comments on it?  Anyone know of any other competing providers i should
> consider?  (I'm looking at the cheapest plans for each place, so cost is
> probably the biggest issue to me.)

I can really recommend Linode - I've been with them since 2005 IIRC and
don't have a bad thing to say about them. Prices are competitive, network
performance is good, as is performance of my Xen machine. Although not
officially supported, there are now also ways to run OSes other than Linux.

Oh, and they've never increased their prices since I've joined, yet keep
improving their plans (more RAM, more disk, etc).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj at mjturner.net      <>  http://mjturner.net/