[geeks] Colocation

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jan 19 20:15:37 CST 2009

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Brian Dunbar wrote:
>> I'm looking for a colocation host for work ...
>>
>> - they provide the box.
>> - not located in Wisconsin, Northern California, Colorado, North
>> Carolina or Idaho. [1]
>
> I'm quite happy with the virtual colocation service of Panix, which is
> in New York City.  They have traditional colocation services too, but
> the virtual service is substantially less expensive.  Depending on how
> much traffic you're dealing with, it might be an option.
>
> http://www.panix.com/
I had been considering getting service form slicehost, but panix's
storage, RAM, and transfer are a little better and they have much better
OS choices.

How long have you been using their virtual colocation?  Any complaints
or comments on it?  Anyone know of any other competing providers i
should consider?  (I'm looking at the cheapest plans for each place, so
cost is probably the biggest issue to me.)

    -Dan Sikorski