[geeks] Kudos: Applecare

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Jan 16 11:01:03 CST 2009

i have to chime in with a non-applecare experience.  my gf's emac had
the badcap problem; it started to appear last fall, and when uptime
deteriorated into the hours range she asked me to look into it.  i
found the cause, and that apple had a hidden warrantee covering the
bad system boards, but it expired a year ago.

despite that, the local svc ctr cuffed the board swap, with no static
after they confirmed her s/n was in the badcap range.

and btw re bill's experience: they flashed the new board's firmware
with all the old board's data, so mac etc. didn't change.