[geeks] Kudos: Applecare

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Jan 16 07:54:24 CST 2009

I always buy AppleCare, and I have never regretted it.

   Yes, it's bad that you need it in the first place (my WHAT failed?),
but I think the level of service they provide is pretty great. I've
gotten mobos replaced, power adapters, drives, and laptop displays.

   I *hate* that the drive is reformatted more oftern than not when
Apple handles it, but I've come to expect that now. And because a new
mobo means a new MAC address, my Time Machine backups restart in a new
stream. But meh,those a re small potatoes compared to the quick
turnaround and few-questions-asked.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt