[geeks] Apple MacBook Pro problem (battery life)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 22:33:46 CST 2009

Hello all,

I've been using my MBP tethered to a power brick for the last year or
so, but when I tried to use it off battery it had about 30-45 mins of
life before the laptop suddenly (without any warning) shut off.

I pressed the "battery life" button on the battery, and it showed a
solid 3 out of five lights lit.

This is a 15" 2.16 MBP, from a couple years ago (three?), and this is
my first hardware problem (no AppleCare) - anyone have any suggestion
what the cause might be? My googling has pointed towards a firmware
upgrade (1.3 battery firmware upgrade, IIRC), but no real useful
advice on rolling back or even confirming that this problem is caused
by the update...

This is described as a "MacBookPro2.2" in "About this Mac"...

Sample google link: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1169854

Thanks in advance,

Lionel

--