[geeks] Shortwave tips

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 21:42:15 CST 2009

When I lived in the Caribbean, I found the BBC comedy programs very
enjoyable.  The BBC, at   The US Military radio broadcast quotes from the
"newsmakers" for the local military to use in their stories.  It was
interesting to listen to the quotes and then hear how they were massaged by
the news reports.  (Raw news is unfiltered.)  If you know a foreign
language, there will be lots of opportunities to hear and practice.