[geeks] Speaking of food, the lost art of TV dinners

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Dec 24 11:49:45 CST 2009

My wife asked me to reproduce the Swiss Steak TV dinner tomorrow night.

I can't find anything close to it. I've found lots of "swiss steak" dinners,
but they all seem overly complicated and much too fancy for a TV dinner.

I can find lots of copycat type sites which give you the (claimed) recipe
to anything sold in the last 20 years, but TV Dinners seem to be too
"low brow" for them. :-(

I can't even find a list of what was in them. I did find a site with a
photo of a TV dinner out of the box, as you would eat it, but they
neglected to say which one.

Since I've had "Good Eats" introduced to me, I even found an Alton Brown
recipe, but it is definitely too much of a good eat for a Swanson dinner.

Anyone have any ideas, or know of any references to TV dinner recipes?

Thanks,

Geoff.
New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.