[geeks] food geekery question

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Dec 22 10:06:59 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:51:06AM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>Honestly, unless you do something really outrageous with it, you're
>unlikely to do anything that'll break a current all-metal(-again) Pro
>series.  My wife used hers for all kinds of things, including bread
>dough and pizza crust, for several years with only one problem; that
>problem was that the phenolic gearbox housing fractured.  I replaced it
>with the now-standard-again metal housing; end of problem.

How much did it cost for the housing, and how easy was it to fix. Most
people I know have trouble changing the beaters, let alone a gearbox.

> The
>following year, we sold it for most of the price we paid for it, after
>our neighbor across the street gave her a Hobart C-100.

So we have a contest between someone who used to use a KitchenAid telling
him to buy one versus someone who used to use a Sunbeam telling him to buy
one. :-)

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.