[geeks] food geekery question

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Dec 21 21:40:11 CST 2009

OK,

So I am trying to prepare more meals at home rather than eat out as much
(sort of a New Year's resolution / saving money thing; plus I want to
cut down on sodium intake).

One of the problems is the food preparation stage:  cutting, slicing,
dicing, kneading, etc.

As a result, it seems that there are mixers, like the well-known US
brand Kitchen Aid, but recently there seem to be high-end blenders with
2+ HP motors that claim to be able to do everything a mixer can do,
including mixing / kneading the bread (plus usual blending tasks like
making smoothies, puree soups, etc.).

So the question is:  high end mixer, or high end blender?

I know there are a few food geeks that hang out on the list ...

Cordially

Patrick