[geeks] OT Question - workhorse laptop

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Dec 16 20:31:04 CST 2009

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I'm looking to get a new 'workhorse' laptop, and I find myself looking
> at two HP laptops, but I've no history with their HW - so I'm looking
> for feedback on the brand and these two lines of laptops.

The brand is meaningless these days.  As far as I know, HP doesn't
manufacture *anything* any more, it just rebadges and resells, trading
on the value of a name it no longer deserves.  The real HP is now Agilent.

FWIW, all of the IT people I know personally spec either Lenovo or Dell
laptops for their business purchases.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.