[geeks] HP-16c Emulator

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Dec 9 06:06:33 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 06:51:15AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Either way, they offer the functionality of the HP-15c via software sold
> under their name for a fraction of the cost of their hardware HP-15c.

I thought the 16C was no longer made. I bought mine a long time ago, and
it was the last in the store. Someday I'm going to figure out how to
use it. I still have a TI "programmers" calculator.

I wonder if hex arithmetic comes back to you after 20 years, or is it another
one of those things I've long since forgotten from disuse, such as reading
1401 (or even 370) dumps, CDC 6400, HP 2100, IBM 1130, etc assembly
language, and so on, never to come back.

Meanwhile, I did a web search on it to see if I could find out if there are
any still available, and the third item was a download link to an iPhone
app.

I followed the link, which sent me to another link, which sent me to a
list of apps by the developer, which linked to the app's home page.

http://code.google.com/p/hpcalc-iphone/wiki/InfoHP16C

Geoff.