[geeks] HP-16c Emulator

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 05:51:15 CST 2009

On Dec 9, 2009, at 3:12 AM, Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:16:22 -0500
> Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> HP made an HP-15c emulator for the iPhone, maybe they've got
>> something
>> similar going on for the Android?
>>
>> I was suprised to see that HP developed it, then I saw the price,
>> $29.99!
> IIRC this was discussed on the classiccmp list. HP did not develop it.
> They just bought an existing emulator / payed the author of an
> existing
> emulator to turn it into an iPhone app.

Either way, they offer the functionality of the HP-15c via software
sold under their name for a fraction of the cost of their hardware
HP-15c.

That struck me as unusual/suprising.

It's as if cisco decided to sell 'virtual' switches and routers to run
under a hypervisor, for managing traffic between VMs and the outside
network...

Lionel