[geeks] Waterproof Keyboard

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:57:13 CST 2009

Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:09:11 -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> Anyone know of any waterproof keyboards (as in keyboards that will
>> survive being submerged while powered) that have decent tactile
>> feedback?
>
> I can't say anything about how tactile it is, but Cherry have a
> washable keyboard (J84-2800) which claims to be tactile. Cherry are
> usually quite good when it comes to keyboards - many of the
> 'mechanical' tactile keyboards (such as the Das Keyboard I'm typing
> on) are equipped with Cherry keyswitches.

Again - don't know about the waterproof part of it, but I have "The
Virtually Indestructible KEYBOARD" from www.GrandTec.com. VERY tactile
feedback on it, there is a significant feeling switch being pressed in
it. Examining it closely it looks waterproof, best of all it was pretty
cheap if I remember right.

--
Rick Hamell

Linkedin Profile - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/946/27
Technology Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog
Pacific Northwest Photo Blog - http://www.1nova.com/photoblog
http://RickHamell.com
http://Hamell.Net

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of hamellr.vcf]