[geeks] Suggestions for USB to serial adapter?

Thu Aug 20 00:41:24 CDT 2009

Make sure it can send a break signal! A lot of the cheaper ones can't. I
bought a belkin one and it works great except it can't send a break so
it's pretty much useless as a console adapter.

I hear the keyspan ones are pretty good, with support for break in
hardware etc.

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3914

Not the cheapest but certainly one of the best.