[geeks] Suggestions for USB to serial adapter?

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 21:36:43 CDT 2009

Our techs at work have had good results with the IOGear GUC232A,
although we're not using them for the same application you're looking
for. I work for a construction equipment dealer and some of the
manufacturers we rep still only provide serial cables for hooking into
the machines for programming/diagnostics. We use some other adapters
besides the IOGear ones and I don't think we've had issues with any of
them, but I know a few of the manufacturers recommend this particular
adapter.