[geeks] the end of the internet as we know it.

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Aug 4 12:59:02 CDT 2009

On Tue, 3 Aug 2009, nate at portents.com wrote:

> Seriously, if we went after US companies who've hired and benefited by
> illegal immigrants the same way that we went after "commies" in the 1960s
> (and frankly I feel many companies today are less patriotic than the
> "commies" were), we would be a lot better off.

If we got rid of the immigration bureaucracy and all the social welfare
programs that people perceive the "illegals" are exploiting, the problem
would solve itself:  People who want to come here to work hard can.
People who come here and don't want to, won't have a choice.  Joe Random
American won't be saddled with the costs of supporting an untenable
policy.

Or, yeah, we could do your thing and pass more laws and/or step up police
enforcement.  That's worked swimmingly so far.

--
Jonathan Patschke < "There is great satisfaction in building good tools
Elgin, TX          > for other people to use."