[geeks] Any jobs?

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Wed Apr 29 02:47:36 CDT 2009

velociraptor said ...

> My buddy in the Houston, TX area, with long term .net, XML, and MSSQL
> development experience has not reported any problems like this.  He
> works corp-to-corp, and has been employed in long term contracts for
> pretty much since I can remember.  His corp status gives him tax
> breaks, since he can write off all of his "employer paid" healthcare,
> etc. to lower his tax revenue profile.

Back when I was doing that sort of stuff, I found it much easier to deal
"corp-to-corp" with larger entities.  Some of them would only work that way,
in fact.

> Doing corporations in some
> states is obviously easier than in others, but you can often work
> around this by using a corporate service company in places like
> Nevada.

These days, there are other "corporate-y" ways to organize, as well, like
LLC, LLP, and other things.  I suppose this varies by State, too, but there
ought to be something suitable everywhere.

-Shel